With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, workplace diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. Through this ecourse you will be provided with strategies for removing barriers and stereotypes, and to encourage workplace diversity.
The Workplace Diversity ecourse will help you to understand what diversity is all about, and how you can help create a more diverse world at work and at home. You will be provided with skills such as active listening to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength.
- Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
- Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
- List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
- Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength
- Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination
- Understand and respond to personal complaints, and develop a support system to manage the resolution process
- List the steps a manager should take to record a complaint, analyze the situation, and take appropriate resolution action