Organisations can be thought of as living beings made up of the individuals working within it. Appreciative Inquiry has the ability to change the whole organisation by changing the people. Through positive questioning, people will be directed to move in a positive direction. Recognising the strengths and values of what works as opposed to what’s wrong will transform the individuals and thus transform the organisation.
Appreciative Inquiry is a shift from looking at problems and deficiencies and instead focusing on strengths and successes. It is a tool for organisational change and it will strengthen relationships. Who doesn’t like to share good positive stories and events? Think about it.
- Know the meaning of appreciative inquiry
- Think in positive terms and avoid thinking negatively
- Encourage others to think positively
- Recognize positive attributes in people
- Create positive imagery
- Manage and guide employees in a positive environment